Thursday, November 22, 2007

Frequently Asked Questions:

How does this online learning program work?
This is a self-discovery program which encourages staff to take control of their own learning and to utilise their lifelong learning skills through exploration and PLAY. There will be no classes or workshops offered to support this program. Instead, staff are encouraged to work together and share with each other their discoveries, techniques and "how to's" both in person and through their blogs.

Is this program open to all UoN Library staff or just some?
Initially this program was run at our Ourimbah Campus as a pilot and it is now being piloted at Callaghan campus with a team of library staff from Bibliographic Services, NOVA, HERDC and Collection Development. The intention is to offer this more widely in 2011 for other library teams interested in participating.

How long do I have to complete the program?
The current program runs for nine weeks. It will commence on Monday 18th October and run through until Thursday 16th December for those Auchmuty Library staff that are participating.

How do I track my progress for each of the 23 Things?
Each staff member that chooses to participate in this program will be required to keep a blog to track their progress and will also need to register each item completed in the Learning 2.0 progress chart found on the Library shared folder, details of this will be included in the program.

Will there be any training classes offered to show staff how to do this?
No, this is a self-directed learning program. If you feel you need assistance with an item, you are encouraged to be resourceful and to find a co-worker or another staff member who can help. Reading other staff member's blogs can help, too.

I've seen the list of 23 Things on the website, but how do I know what to do with them?
Each week an email will be sent out explaining what the tasks are for that week. If you come in late, or fall back a bit, just work through each Thing in order, the program will walk you through it all.

Can I work ahead through the list of items on my own?
Yes, of course. You are encouraged to self-direct your discovery process, especially by working ahead on your own!!

What if I need help - who can I call?
Since this program is self-directed and is being completed by a group of staff members simultaneously, you are encouraged to work with colleagues along your discovery journey. To find a list of staff participating see The Participants.

I would like to participate but don't feel comfortable with my co-workers reading my blog, can I participate anonymously?
Yes & No. Since you control all the information that you share on your blog, you can choose to use a screen name to identify yourself to keep yourself anonymous. However, in order to track your progress you will need to identify yourself on the Learning 2.0 progress chart.



Don't find your question answered here? Then enter it is as comment below.

No comments: