Friday, November 23, 2007

#7 Blog about technology



OK so this Gizmoz looks very stilted and the recording isn’t very good, but I did get to set it up for free and I did create it very quickly. I wanted to show you an example of just one of the many 100s of Web 2.0 technologies that are out there. It was fun learning how to do this, and didn't take me that long. If you fancy having a go the web site is http://www.gizmoz.com/. The instructions are very simple and well laid out. I uploaded my own image and then ‘dressed’ it, but there are computer generated images or cartoon characters on the Gizmoz site that you can use instead.

The above is just a small diversion, optional if you want to have a go. For Thing 7 I want you to share a few thoughts about the technologies you have learnt about to date, and any others that you might be familiar with. Share your thoughts by adding a post to your blog. Some questions you might want to consider (but don't feel that this is what you have to answer):
  • Blogs, flickr, what is good or even bad about them?
  • What do you think of how the Library is currently using them?
  • Is there anything else the Library could be doing? Is there a nifty idea out there?
  • Now you know more about them would you use the technologies yourself, and how would you use them?
Your thoughts don't have to be rocket science, often the simplest statement is the most useful, so go for it and put your thoughts out there.

Also be sure to add at least one comment to another participant's blog. That's what online communities are all about - connecting and communication. :)

No comments: